Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Why I Chose This Lens–Psychoanalytic Lens

The Psychoanalytic Lens and Why It Is So Interesting














Of all the possible lens choices the most interesting was the Psychoanalytical lens. While the Gender/Feminist lens and Racial lens are more prominent, I felt the analysis of the physiological aspects of the story would be more interesting.

I actually don’t have a lot of experience with this lens but sociology really interests me. The brain is the most complex muscle in the body and it never stops working until the day you die. I also got super interested in the idea of our subconscious after reading Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. The book explored the idea of how we do things and think things without realizing it. There are so many things that our mind can do without us knowing or trying to do.
I personally believe the mind is so amazing and no two persons mind is the same. Every person on earth has their own individual thoughts and own individual consciences. I'm excited to learn about the minds of the characters in Beloved and see how they relate to each other and others outside the novel.




















1 comment:

  1. I think the pictures you added really tied in nicely, good work!

    ReplyDelete