Monday, October 19, 2015

Why I Chose This Lens -- Psychoanalytical Lens

Before I decided to choose this lens I was confused between feminist/gender lens and phsycoanalytical lens. I am also interested in feminist/gender lens but I decided to choose pshycoanalytical lens for Beloved novel because I think it is interesting because I can observe a lil bit deeper to the story so I can find what is the inner thought of each characters, I can find what is going on inside the characters mind they might not be expressing outwardly in this Beloved novel that is why it is interesting to find it, I can find what the characters thinking about without any real sentences. From this lens I could find and analyze why do the character decided to do something. I could identify it from their id, ego and superego that may arise from the characters’s brain. I know this lens is kinda spicy but it is a challenge for me to find something that is not written in the story.

1 comment:

  1. I think its great reading the novel through this lens especially to understand why Beloved has come back.This also was a lens I was interested in.

    ReplyDelete